LEDworx complies with all statutory regulations and ensures that all their products have all the appropriate certifications.
What does the South African Law say….?
- According to section 14.1 of The National Regulator For Compulsory Specifications Act (Act 5 of 2008) :
“No person may import, sell or supply a commodity, product or service to which a compulsory specification applies, except in accordance with that specification.”
- The current Compulsory Specification for Electrical and Electronic Apparatus was gazette on 6 February 2009 and states in Section 3.10:
“The manufacturer or importer shall apply to the regulator for approval of every type and model of apparatus before offering it for sale, in accordance with the requirements of Annex A.”
CERTIFICATION AND TESTING
What does LEDworx do to comply with the South African Law…?
LEDworx takes the quality, performance, and specifications of their products very seriously. In order for us to make sure that all our products meet our strictest qualification criteria we have implemented the following procedures to ensure the quality of our products:
- NRCS – National Regulator for Compulsory Specifications: Letter of Approval (LOA) for products that require an LOA.
- ILAC – International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation: All our product testing and manufacturer verification are done by a body that is a member of ILAC.
- RoHS – All our products subscribe to the Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive.
- TUV Rheinland – Our products are tested by world-renowned testing laboratories.
- SABS – Our products will be certified by SABS and approved for use in South Africa.
- All our products are tested according to SANS and/or IEC specifications (As required by Section 3.6 of the current Compulsory Specification for Electrical and Electronic Apparatus).
- All manufacturers and factories comply with ISO9001 and ISO14001 certification (As stated in Annex A of the current Compulsory Specification for Electrical and Electronic Apparatus, Section A.1(b).
- We deal directly with manufacturers and do regular audits on product compliance.